Chapala.com Webboard

Have a list of Plastic Surgeons - who would you go to?

I've read previous posts re cosmetic surgeons in the area. What scares me the

most is Luke's comments to "be careful as plastic surgeons are not required

to have the same number of years of education & training". How does one then

find out which cosmetic surgeon has the best qualifications for a facelift?

According to Luke's posting, he has had disastrous results from his experience

with a plastic surgeon & had has to undergo reconstructive surgery. He was

referred to the first surgeon by his Principal Care Physician who did a sloppy

job in finding the first plastic surgeon for him. I'm just wondering...is it

important to first go thru a PCP to find a qualified plastic surgeon?

Other question: would it be best to have a recently-graduated doctor who

has learned all the latest techniques or go with a doctor with many years of

experience under his belt?

Here are the names of the doctors I have accumulated 1) Dr. Sergio Bimbella

at Dermika 2) Anne Dyer at Casita Montana 3) Dr. Arenas Quintana

4) Dr. Lazaro Cardenas 5) Dr. Hector Gonzales Miramontes supposedly one of the

top 10 cosmetic surgeons in the world and trained in Calif. 6) Dr. Gabriel

Hernandez Nuno (Pres. of the Guad. Chapter of the National Plastic Surgeons ###.

7) Dr. Alejandro Enriquez de Rivera (personally recommended to me and to HOLLY).

I am ready to make an appointment with a doctor within the next week but would

appreciate any comments from my webboard friends first. PM me if you prefer.

Amy, this is Luke and I am a "she" :) Anyway, thank goodness my experience was not a facelift and the bad results can be hidden. While I have not had the experience of a facelift with any of the doctors that you mention .... I have seen the results of several of the ladies in town that used the plastic surgeon that is associated with Anna Dyer at Casita Montana (I don't believe she is the plastic surgeon .... I believe she runs the B&B that takes care of you after the surgery if you choose. I also believe she is the one that also had a facelift by this plastic surgeon with whom she is affiliated.) I, too, have given considerable thought to a facelift or at least an eye lift and a few tucks :) and have concluded that should I decide to go forward they are the ones that I would use. All the results I have seen have been great. A lady that lives across the street from me had a facelift there last year. She did very well ... chose to have it here in Ajijic (which I don't think I would do in case something else went wrong during surgery) ... but she did and went in for early morning surgery and was home in her own house by 3:00 p.m.! This, of course, was her choice (with the doctor's blessing) because she felt good enough and wanted to be at home. In two weeks she was looking really great and her scars were minimal. They are behind her ears and you really have to look to see them at all. So, whoever you wind up choosing ... I just wanted to say good luck and enjoy!

luke, i dont know any drs involved. you can pm me for my experiences having surgury in central america. i was in the best hospital & had to stay overnight. the recovery place (12 day stay in my case) was aweful. depending upon the extent of the operation, either you go home same day or stay over night. have a few consults, & dont rush. remember you dont have a back up here legally, youre on your own.

And Dr Bimbela is excellent. He is a Bd certifed plastic surgeon and does not run an assembly line operation. Takes your concerns into consideration. Dioes the surgery in at the Ajijic Clinic. If need be, you can stay overnight which happened in my case.A year later, I am happy with results.

• Like 2

And Dr Bimbela is excellent. He is a Bd certifed plastic surgeon and does not run an assembly line operation. Takes your concerns into consideration. Dioes the surgery in at the Ajijic Clinic. If need be, you can stay overnight which happened in my case.A year later, I am happy with results.

Wish I could agree. I know three people who do not share your recommendation.

• Like 1

Golden Bead (above) says Dr. Benjamin Villaran is the surgeon who works with Anne Dyer at Casita Montana.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has had a facelift by Dr. Villaran. Also, does

Dr. Villaran speak English...has he had any U.S. training? Please PM me if you'd rather not

discuss his credentials on the board.

OK if you need to do this I understand but please understand that recovering from the operation if they put you out can be quite uncomfortable including throwing up and such. Please before you get cut on and put under read about older patients and being put under and such. They don't tell you all the side effects and such down here. Read about it and make sure you understand what you are getting into. An example is a simple eye plastic surgery will make you very sensative to light for a few weeks. Go talk to folks who have had it done before you commit. Do your research because they do not tell the full story many times.

Also, does Dr. Villaran speak English...has he had any U.S. training? Please PM me if you'd rather not

discuss his credentials on the board.

I heard Dr. Villaran speak at the Women's Health and Beauty Fair last September. He speaks better English than some native English speakers whom I've known.

It appears that he also has done additional training in the U.S. Señor Google is your friend:

http://www.casitamontana.com/our-doctors/

Golden Bead. I took a look at the ad on Page 37 of Ojo and it's quite impressive. Will

call and check out Dr. Villaran. Someone said he's one of the top 5 cosmetic surgeons

in Guad. I know of Anne Dyer's reputation at Plaza La Montana and, my feeling is, she wouldn't be in

business this long if she didn't have a top-notch surgeon working with her. We'll see

how it goes.

I still have the other recommended doctors to follow up on if this does not work out

to my satisfaction.

Thanks everyone.

I heard Dr. Villaran speak at the Women's Health and Beauty Fair last September. He speaks better English than some native English speakers whom I've known.

It appears that he also has done additional training in the U.S. Señor Google is your friend:

http://www.casitamontana.com/our-doctors/

Sounds like a great career - But also states he RETIRED in 2009 -Is age a factor when doing fine facial surgery- usually surgeons stop practicing when reaching a certain age due to loss of manual dexterity

• Like 1

Sounds like a great career - But also states he RETIRED in 2009 -Is age a factor when doing fine facial surgery- usually surgeons stop practicing when reaching a certain age due to loss of manual dexterity

I read the CV such that he RETIRED in 2009 from the department head position at a particular IMSS hospital. Who knows? Maybe it was so he could expand his private practice. All I know is that numerous women in attendance at the event last September stood and gave very positive testimonials regarding work he had done for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Board certification is a must. But it does not guarantee perfect results every time. I personally interviewed three plastic surgeons in Guadalajara before I chose one to do my abdominoplasty and eye lift. I chose Miramontes as he was the middle priced and was well qualified. He showed me many photos of before and after. One of the things he didn't do before surgery was to mark my eyelids while I was upright to guide him in cutting the excess skin from my eyelids. Consequently, too much skin remained. About six months later he redid my eyelids for free as an outpatient in his office (I stayed in their recovery suite for several hours). The results are still not satisfactory as he left more skin over one eye than the other. I believe that guaranteeing one's surgical work is pretty standard in Mexico. Don't put much stock in what "you hear" about health professionals. Talk to actual patients whom the surgeon has worked on. In the States I asked for patient names I could contact before my bladder surgery and with the patient's permission, talked with several. Patient confidentiality in Mexico is practically nonexistent so that should not be much of a problem. Of course, there is always the possibility of getting the same good-result patients as in the before and after photos. Life in general is a crap shoot; just do your best to turn the odds in your favor in this situation. Good luck!!