Chapala.com Webboard

Consignment store trolling

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Deaf School place and also the Ninos Incapacitos next door. Reasonable prices on most things, but sometimes way too much, but that's relative. Good causes.

The Upscale Retail's prices are a bit high for my Scrooge shopping.

Terry's is fun, but a lot of stuff to go through.

Plus, there seems to be a Bazar every week. Is everyone leaving town?

How is the one in Chapala? Heard they do good business.

The one in Chapala is Chapala's Consignment Shoppe, and they have a wonderful business. It is very clean and items are well displayed. They just remodeled and the place is lovely. Just recently they opened up 2 more rooms, and they have new merchandise daily.

The one in Chapala is Chapala's Consignment Shoppe, and they have a wonderful business. It is very clean and items are well displayed. They just remodeled and the place is lovely. Just recently they opened up 2 more rooms, and they have new merchandise daily.

Yes, and you will be doing business with some of the nicest and most honest folks you will ever meet.

I should have clarified - I go to Terry's for clothes - and to Chapala's Consignment Shoppe for everything else. I usually try to stop by once a month to see what they have. My favorite for stuff.

Where is Terry's nd Chapala Consignment???

My pet peeve is all the posts (regardless of topic) the mention a location and this newbie has no idea for what or where?

Terry's is on the road going into Chapala from Ajijic on the left side of the street (mountain side.)

by favorite is Terry's - based on price and selection. Granted you have to wade through oodles of sizes - but rewards are to be found at great prices.

Where is Terry's?

Folks, this a current list, incomplete, of resale shops / bazars/ consignment shops starting in Ajijic, going east. Please quote and add other stores, addresses, cross streets, store hours, specialties, etc.

Barbara’s Bazar, Ajijic, Independencia #7. Largest bazar lakeside. Antiques and Collectibles, household, furniture, electronics.

Shop in Ajijic (need store name and location), east of Colon. Good place for clothes.

Casi Nuevo, Riberas del Pilar, corner of the Carretera and San Mateo (across the street from from 7-11). Consignment shop. Furniture, clothes, household items.

store one door east of Casi Nuevo, Riberas del Pilar, corner of the Carretera and San Mateo (across the street from from 7-11). One of the best places for used books. Also clothes and household items.

Pepe's Bazaar, Riberas del Pilar, on the Carretera, by Car City

Tepehua, Riberas del Pilar, on the Carretera near Cafe Magañas

Upscale Resale, Riberas del Pilar, on the Carretera, half a block east of San Jorge, next to Casa de las Aves, near Maskaras Clinic (now called “____”). Mostly household items. Good place for books. Some clothes.

Terry’s, Chapala, on the Carretera (Hidalgo) a few blocks west of Ave. Francisco Madero (Chapala main street), on the north (mountain) side of the street. Clothes and shoes.

Chapala's Consignment Shoppe (Tom’s), Chapala, on Morelos, 3 blocks east of Ave. Francisco Madero (Chapala main street)

Love in Action, clothing bazar in Chapala.

A new one for the list. The one on my list I said is east of Colon is WEST(!) of Colon and down in town on Ocampo or Hidalgo. It's all clothes. A good source for ex-patty shorts and shirts.

Archived