Chapala.com Webboard

I am interested in starting a support group and/or network for persons with Diabetes and their spouses/partners.

I am finding that it is a bit tricky at times to make certain dietary and life-style modification recommendations to my patients and

friends whom are dealing with this horrible but manageable disease. Some people I've seen have been managing quite well while

others seem to be completely lost when it comes to diet and exercise.

In my past experience it has been helpful for persons who are dealing with diabetes as a patient or who live with somebody with diabetes to have a place to exchange ideas and offer support to one another rather than be told by their doctor/healthcare provider what to do. I think that patients are often encouraged and motivated by the success stories of others who are dealing with similar issues.

I was thinking of offering a space with my professional guidance once a month and limiting it to initially 10-20 people to start off such a group. I would volunteer my services and medical knowledge to answer any questions and clear up any misconceptions that there may exist. In the building I work at there is a limited amount of space but after the initial meeting, folks can perhaps suggest of another

venue to meet regularly.

Is there already such a group in the LAKESIDE AREA? Can I see a virtual show of hands posted or via PM that would be interested in such a group/network?

Archived