Chapala.com Webboard

Tree trimming recommendation

Iron Sheik

I recently purchased a very LARGE water front property in San Cristobal Zapotitlan. The boundaries of the lot have fully grown trees (I would say 50-??? years old!!). We are talking about as many as 30 trees (maybe more). I am looking to hire someone to trim these trees. They may need a “Fire Department type” ladder (LOL)

If you can recommend anyone, it would be greatly appreciated. One of the trees lost one it’s branches causing serious damage to a section of my property wall!

Thanks,

Roberto and his crew from Chapala Tree Service are the best around. They have all the right equipment as well as a chipper to clean up everything. Roberto speaks perfect English. They did a great job on our huge jacaranda. The number is (376) 762-0602 or his cell number is 3314110242

There have been several different threads on this subject and the consensus of opinion is that Roberto is the best around.You might find someone cheaper but for peace of mind that the job will be done right and safely it's well worth it.

• 4 years later...

Sad to say that citrus trees are undergoing some kind of plague - we have almost lost, but not quite, a wonderful lime tree and orange tree.  There seems to be little that can be done.  Roberto didn't hold out much hope.  Another garden expert recommended trying diazinon but you can't eat the fruit that may still be on the tree. I'm not comfortable using something like that.  I have seen suggestions that the problem is caused by  citrus greening - a search will bring that up.  Good luck.

Archived