Chapala.com Webboard

Thursty Turtle- Is it closed

johnny b gone

I just heard that the Thursty Turtle is closed. Does anyone know for sure?

13 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

the thirsty turtle will again be closing its door sometime before Christmas. Not due to narco problems,or because its to far out for people to come, no business. Once again a landlord that that can run your business better than you, He wants you to run it how he wants.or he thanks he can keep what you started going. also the rent goes up more than was agreed on. I was asked not to post anything for now, but the more my wife and I discussed this matter we said why. we lived up to what we had said. So why should we wait to explain the reasons. I am not angry because I guess I have gotten use to the way business is done in this town. I would like to thank the ones that has supported us in these 3 or 4 months. most of all the pool shooters and Randal who very much wanted to get the line dancing going. Sorry guys if you would like to know more information please email me at swiftyinmx@hotmail.com I will let you know everything that led to this PS the line dance will go on thur thanks Dan

Looks like it. This time probably for good. It would be interesting to know what the problem with the land lord was this time, I'm wondering if the Perico was concerned about getting a big fat fine for the violation of the smoking rules, since I would guess that the property owner has the ultimate responsibility for such fines. Anyway, it is too bad and we're sorry to see this happen.

I suspect there's going to be a lot of restaurants bite the dust by the end of the season.

We were just there for the first time this past Thursday and enjoyed the line dancing...not busy at all...we were attempting to get a group to go this next Thursday but it sounds like they are closed....or the line dancing is still on and someone else is running the place now? Not clear to me from these posts if it has closed its doors.

Archived