Chapala.com Webboard

Some good things DO happen NOB - even in Arizona

jkgourmet

Totally agree, Jeanette! I only wish mall management companies everywhere would do this. It would certainly cut down on the demand that puppy mills feed and, thereby, cut down on the number of those horrible operations. And it encourages people to look at providing forever homes for many adoptable dogs and cats.

Guest RevImmigrant

Yes, this is good news.

I visited my cousin in the Houston area last year and we had some time to kill on our way to the airport so we went to Petsmart. I think it was in The Woodlands. At any rate, the kittens and puppies they had in the back were shelter animals available for adoption rather than puppy/kitten mill animals. We were both glad to see that. It looks like this Petsmart at least has realized that it's better to have shelter animals for adoption than the alternative.

Petsmart had a corporate policy of not selling cats and dogs from its inception in 1987. By 1988 all seven of their stores worked with local animal shelters by putting adoption centers in the store. By the end of 2009, over 4,000,000 pets had been adopted through Petsmart (USA and Canada). And Petsmart is an Arizona based company since 1987.

Maricopa County, Arizona has some of the stiffest animal cruelty laws in the country. And they actually do prosecute and convict those cruel s**theads.

Archived