Chapala.com Webboard

Haciendas Ajijic Steakhouse

Monitor

Watch this week for new specials to be announced for July: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for 90 peso steaks, Wednesday for 90 peso fish or steak. Or along those lines.

Three of us went for 90 pesos steak 2 weeks ago for steak. Two of us ordered the fillet and one the rib eye. We have been there before and had good meals. This time the fillets were tough and there is no way that what they called rib eye was anything near rib eye. Very disappointing.

Three of us went for 90 pesos steak 2 weeks ago for steak. Two of us ordered the fillet and one the rib eye. We have been there before and had good meals. This time the fillets were tough and there is no way that what they called rib eye was anything near rib eye. Very disappointing.

In our experience which is not too recent since we don't eat there anymore, the hallmark of Haciendas is inconsistency. One just never knows what they are going to get. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

We've always been very disappointed with their steak specials and steak sandwiches. The lamb was passable, at best.

We give up! Maybe that location is jinxed, as nobody has made a success of it, in our opinion.

We've always been very disappointed with their steak specials and steak sandwiches. The lamb was passable, at best.

We give up! Maybe that location is jinxed, as nobody has made a success of it, in our opinion.

As Dandy Don used to say: "Turn out the lights the partys over"

On a positive note my 2 little Brussels Griffons loved all the leftovers :D

How funny that monitor started this thread!

Try La Taverna, try Vickie's Hide away and tell us what you think.

The steakhouse was not to our liking'

Patti.

For more than a month Thursdays have been 'steak night' for us so we'll be glad to see it expand into more days. We really enjoy their steaks especially the Vacio for my wife. She ALWAYS orders it and the only variation she's tried is rare or med-rare. I'm not sure where the Vacio cut comes from but it has more flavor and is just as tender as any Filet I've ever had. I love a Rib Eye and usually order it. Always tasty - sometimes not as tender as I'd like but I'm always happy since my wife can never eat her whole steak. In fact, we always have left overs to bring home. We recently went there with friends (not a Thursday) and we tried the Molcajete - we'd had one once before years ago with so-so results. This one was a BIG hit.

Archived