Chapala.com Webboard

Saltillo Hotels?

gknippel

We're headed to Laredo and want to stop over in Saltillo. I was told there is a no-tell motel with private garage, but interested in any and all recommendations for a safe, clean place to stay with secure parking.

Gracias.

The only time that I drove into Saltillo, I found it very confusing.

Last year when 'migrating' north bound, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn - Monterrey Airport

It was about 15 miles out of the way, but very easy to find, reasonably priced, restaurants nearby and lots of "English Spoken."

We're headed to Laredo and want to stop over in Saltillo. I was told there is a no-tell motel with private garage, but interested in any and all recommendations for a safe, clean place to stay with secure parking.

Gracias.

American Suites Hotel on the outskirts of Saltillo( you'd have to do a Google search). We booked it via the internet. I believe it was around $70 US at the time. We had a very well-appointed mini suite and a fantastic

buffet breakfast. Ordered some pasta via room service upon arrival that was very reasonably priced and tasty. Staff

spoke English. I'm not sure if they had secure parking, though. Not much not to like about the American Suites IMO.

This was a while ago, BTW, so some things could have changed.

Last year we stayed at Hotel Rancho El Morillo just a couple blocks south of Periférico Luis Echeverria. A charming place, part of an old hacienda, the rooms are basic but clean and perfectly fine.

Breakfast included the best wheat tortillas I can remember having.

52-844-417-40-78

www.elmorillo.com

It is helpful to have some basic Spanish, although the owner can speak English. She directed us to an excellent restaurant in Saltillo. One of the best dinners I've had in Mexico.

This is not right on the autopista, so it may not suit your needs.

Archived