Chapala.com Webboard

Good soup, BUT WHERE'S THE BARLEY?

Guest Gringal

Guest Gringal

In my last comment on the subject of no barley at Walmart, I assumed that it would be lurking at Superlake, though at a price.

Went to Superlake today. No whiff of barley.

Anybody know where it can be found? :huh:

In my last comment on the subject of no barley at Walmart, I assumed that it would be lurking at Superlake, though at a price.

Went to Superlake today. No whiff of barley.

Anybody know where it can be found? :huh:

Like Quinoa, barley is not something that grows here, or at least is not a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine, so it's not likely to be found at Walmart. But, IT IS in SL-in the back near the deli counter where the bulk foods are, it's on the side where the breads are and it's closer to the frozen section. It's called Cebada. I buy it all the time. You won't find it in a box near the rice, the logical place to look for it.

Guest Gringal
Like Quinoa, barley is not something that grows here, or at least is not a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine, so it's not likely to be found at Walmart. But, IT IS in SL-in the back near the deli counter where the bulk foods are, it's on the side where the breads are and it's closer to the frozen section. It's called Cebada. I buy it all the time. You won't find it in a box near the rice, the logical place to look for it.

Muchas Gracias ! You've made my soup !

Near the rice and things? 'Course not. "Abandon logic, all ye who enter here". :rolleyes:

Archived