Chapala.com Webboard

Manuels rest

tobyjug

Is this a rumour?

A lot of people will be disappointed, but I cannot afford to eat there. It won't make any difference to me.

He might do well there, although he'd better increase his portion size because his competition is fierce there. I always had a good amount of food when in PV even if prices were US prices. I didn't mind paying higher prices if I get enough good food to eat.

Is this a rumour?

A lot of people will be disappointed, but I cannot afford to eat there. It won't make any difference to me.

He might do well there, although he'd better increase his portion size because his competition is fierce there. I always had a good amount of food when in PV even if prices were US prices. I didn't mind paying higher prices if I get enough good food to eat.

It is not a rumor - they are moving to Los Cabos - their last week here will be the last week of January. They will be open from the 6-10th January, closed for the week of the 13th-17th and will reopen from the 20th - 31st January. They will open in Los Cabos the first week of February. I hope their choice of location turns out to be a wise one for them.

We returned to Los Cabos (Cabo San Lucas) last April after 1 1/2 years. Found we could not affort to eat at our favorite restaurants. Prices had literally doubled. Luckily we were in a condo with a full kitchen so we were not forced to eat out every day.

I wish Manuel's luck - there is huge amount of competition there!

Guest Gringal
I understand that a ritzy resort in Cabo made him an offer he couldn't refuse to be head chef in their upscale restaurant.

Sounds like a plan. Just because one is a good chef does not mean he should try to run a restaurant. Lots of things involved besides serving good food. I wish him well.

Sounds like a plan. Just because one is a good chef does not mean he should try to run a restaurant. Lots of things involved besides serving good food. I wish him well.

Manauel's background includes managing and overseeing high-end hotel restaurants, menus, and catering in several US cities, including Dallas. He told us he moved here because he was more interested in the actual cooking, with frequent menu changes to accommodate ingredients, in a smaller and more personal setting. He knows the disadvantages and satisfaction of both, so I'm not surprised he's opting to have his own place in Cabo. Will miss him here.

Manauel's background includes managing and overseeing high-end hotel restaurants, menus, and catering in several US cities, including Dallas. He told us he moved here because he was more interested in the actual cooking, with frequent menu changes to accommodate ingredients, in a smaller and more personal setting. He knows the disadvantages and satisfaction of both, so I'm not surprised he's opting to have his own place in Cabo. Will miss him here.

No disagreement that he is a good chef. The couple of times I ate there though, I was very disappointed in the portion size. For special occasions I don't mind paying more for an excellent meal out, but do feel cheated when the plate comes with so little on it. Hope he is successful in Cabo.

Archived