Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

In order to get a tourist visa, does Mexico now require an outbound flight?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine wants to come visit me in Mexico and buy a one-way flight entering the country. 

I recently heard that Mexico is getting stricter and may require you to show a flight exiting Mexico, in order to get a 180 day tourist visa. Does anyone know if that’s true? 

Any recommendations for airlines where you can book a flight and easily cancel and get it fully refunded within 24 hours? 

Thanks so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where did you hear that they are getting stricter?

When you pass immigration in GDL they might ask your friend the reason to be here, and how long you plan to stay.  If on the very rare chance they should ask if your friend has a return ticket all she needs to say is she does not have an exact date  to leave at this time.   

Possibly Mexico might be getting stricter on inbounds from Africa, Haiti, and South America.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...