Chapala.com Webboard

Website for car title transfer

I have searched this site and can't find the website information for scheduling an appointment to transfer title.  Help!

Also, does anyone know how they determine value of used car for sales tax?  I know it isn't based on the price you actually pay for the used car.  TIA

IMO, it is simpler to go to the Recaudadora in Chapala and pay 200p at the small abarrotes tienda to schedule your appt.  It is to the immediate right of the indoor entrance of the Recaudadora offices.  They will make the appt for you.  I have not been in 6 months.  I transferred 3 vehicles last year in this manner after wasting many hours with the Joco Recaudadora and the online process.  Buena suerte.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, ibarra said:

I have searched this site and can't find the website information for scheduling an appointment to transfer title.  Help!Also, does anyone know how they determine value of used car for sales tax? 

Just sent you a possible website by email.  Hope it's the one you wanted.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, ibarra said:

Also, does anyone know how they determine value of used car for sales tax?  I know it isn't based on the price you actually pay for the used car.  TIA

Does anyone know the answer to the OP question? I'm buying used and am wondering too???

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2023 at 1:52 PM, ibarra said:

I have searched this site and can't find the website information for scheduling an appointment to transfer title.  Help!

When registering a built trailer, I tried repeatedly to make the appointment online. It just did not work (for me) so had to go to Chapala, make the appointment and return 2 weeks later to do the registration.

Update.  I went to office on Degollado this morning. The person in the copy place made an online appointment for us for tomorrow morning. We could have had an appointment this afternoon but that wouldn't work for us. She charged 100 pesos.  You need to have a cell phone with you so they can email a one time entry code and, to receive confirmation for your cita.  She will give you a copy of your cita document.  On the confirmation document it states everything you need to bring with you.  You also need the title to the car you are purchasing and the most recent refrendo receipt.  Took about ten minutes only because the employee kept making copies for people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RickS said:

Spanish required?

If you get stuck with a language hiccup, she will use her phone with google/translator.  I suggest to bring copies of your Curp, driver's licence, visa, recent CFE bill, passport, original factura, tarjeta circulación.  You won't need all of that but just in case.  If you have used that office before and do not remember your assigned user name/password, usuario/contraseña, then she will ask for your email/password so she can request a reset of your username/password with the gob.  Later that day you will receive the reset info from the gob with new username/password.  Then you return and she can complete the appt. with the Recaucadora.  Sounds complicated, but it is not really.  She is a multi tasker and will assist three clients simultaneously so patience and politeness will help.  Buena suerte.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kiko said:

If you get stuck with a language hiccup, she will use her phone with google/translator.  I suggest to bring copies of your Curp, driver's licence, visa, recent CFE bill, passport, original factura, tarjeta circulación.  You won't need all of that but just in case.  If you have used that office before and do not remember your assigned user name/password, usuario/contraseña, then she will ask for your email/password so she can request a reset of your username/password with the gob.  Later that day you will receive the reset info from the gob with new username/password.  Then you return and she can complete the appt. with the Recaucadora.  Sounds complicated, but it is not really.  She is a multi tasker and will assist three clients simultaneously so patience and politeness will help.  Buena suerte.

I stated in my recent post, once you make an appointment, everything you need to bring is listed on the confirmation document which you will receive via email and, the employee of the copy shop will give you a copy of the appointment (cita) confirmation.

To make the appointment all you need is a cell phone, original title and most recent refrendo receipt for the car you are going to put in your name. If you have a current circulation tarjeta you can give that to her also and if you are lucky, she will take some of the information needed from that (your address mainly).  You will also need to give the employee your email address so an activation code can be sent to it, and so you can receive the appointment confirmation document.  If you have this written on a piece of paper along with your cell phone it will help immensely.  

Remember when you actually go to your appointment that you will need originals and copies of everything except CURP which can be in black and white OR color.  

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

Have any one of you tried THIS site provided by ML?  If yes, why dind't you follow thru' this way?  Just for future info in case of need.

I could not get it to work. Entered all information and I could not get a cita time.  

Update continued. We had an appointment this morning. The employee in the office looked through all of our documents, stapled them together, entered on the computer that we showed up for appointment. No questions asked, took 3 minutes max. Told us to go to counter and pay.  We did. Received a new Circulation tarjeta that does not expire until 2027 and a refrendo document with our information on it. That was it. In and out in 20 minutes. FYI You can't use an INAPAM card for a discount.

Make sure you have a copy of the old title and the most recent refrendo renewal receipt.  

No Spanish required unless you don't understand when he tells you to go pay.

• 4 months later...

In March I attended the copy office and the girl created an appointment for me on the spot.

This morning was different.... the girl (a different one from spring) had no clue what I asked for. I even provided the old March appointment copy for her to peruse, no luck, she did not know what I wanted or maybe how to do it. (I speak little Spanish and Google translate of no help).

I took a chance and at home was able to wrangle my way through the website, after requesting a new password. Now I just need someone to print the .pdf.  😕

Here is the link I used:  https://sefinenlinea.jalisco.gob.mx/agendarecaudadora/

Stay cool