Chapala.com Webboard

Cell phone service. Not Telmex

I’m in the middle of my 3rd two year contract with AT&T and TODAY I was cut off by AT&T. They are trying to not honor my contract dated June 6, 2022 for 24 months. They argued the person that made the contract is no longer there; it was a promotion that no longer exists; their system shows it’s only for 12 months, and other BS. I had in hand my original contract and still after arguing for 1/2 hour, I was not able to speak to a supervisor. The woman said AT&T would get back to me via email within 24 or 72 hours.

The woman wrote on my receipt “Payments only 12 months” and I immediately grabbed her pen out of her hand and said “Do NOT write on my contract!” I scratched out what she had written. The amount I had paid in 2022 was $5,835.00 pesos. In 2020 I paid 5,688.00 and in 2018 I paid 5,388.00.

Sounds as if I am going to have to go to PROFECO if I do not hear back from them this week. Any suggestions for me will be appreciated.

I had been satisfied with their service for 5 years, until today. Now I am totally without service.

3 hours ago, tiapippy said:

I’m in the middle of my 3rd two year contract with AT&T and TODAY I was cut off by AT&T. They are trying to not honor my contract dated June 6, 2022 for 24 months. They argued the person that made the contract is no longer there; it was a promotion that no longer exists; their system shows it’s only for 12 months, and other BS. I had in hand my original contract and still after arguing for 1/2 hour, I was not able to speak to a supervisor. The woman said AT&T would get back to me via email within 24 or 72 hours.

The woman wrote on my receipt “Payments only 12 months” and I immediately grabbed her pen out of her hand and said “Do NOT write on my contract!” I scratched out what she had written. The amount I had paid in 2022 was $5,835.00 pesos. In 2020 I paid 5,688.00 and in 2018 I paid 5,388.00.

Sounds as if I am going to have to go to PROFECO if I do not hear back from them this week. Any suggestions for me will be appreciated.

I had been satisfied with their service for 5 years, until today. Now I am totally without service.

Exactly the same thing happened to me a month ago. I had a two year contract and they cut off service after 20 months.

After proving I had a valid two year contract the  reps in the branch called their office and it was explained to me I should never have been given a two year contract in the first place and the rep that signed me up is no longer employed.

They are thieves. Totally without integrity and they expressed no shame.

The final insult was I had to restore AT&T service in order to port my number to Telcel. Guess what, their lowest cost plan was 500 pesos a month no matter how much I protested.

I went off to PROFECO. Lets see what happens, if anything.

SunFan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RickS said:

Well THAT's a jab!   Sounds like you will need to go to/get Telcel for at least a month-to-month or have no cell service at all if they don't get back to you soon with good news.

Thank you for your suggestion. I took your advice today. I may end up eventually using them from now on. Luckily I had a 2 SIM card phone. Thanks again.

SunFan, thank you for having the insight to file a charge with PROFECO. I’m sure I will not get this matter corrected by Friday, as promised. This will be my first time to ever file a claim against anyone in the 19 years I’ve lived in Jalisco, but someone needs to speak up and let it be known what crooks they are.

I’ll be checking online to see if I can find out the process for filing with PROFECO, or if you can send me any information, I’d really appreciate it.