Chapala.com Webboard

Rejecting Telmex as ID source.

In many instances it is necessary to supply proof of address.  In the case of husband and wife one put the CFE bill in their name, the other Telmex.  If you elect to not use Telmex how does one of the two prove domicile?   No longer are two names put on Telmex or CFE.

Not sure why you don't want to use your Telmex bill. You may want to reconsider that decision.

Do you pay property taxes? If yes, are both names on the receipts? Are both names on your car refrendo receipts?  Do you buy propane? If yes, have them put name and address on the receipt.  Do you have a Mexican bank account? If yes, use a current statement with names on it. 

• Like 1

If all else fails, you can obtain a "constancia de domicilio" proof of address certificate from Chapala city hall.  That works for residents who do not have their name on billing documents connected with their home.

Edited by Brian Dalziel
Spelling correction
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I always use the CFE bill which is in my wife's name.

Our LL has all his ( many) properties in his own name, so not a go for us.  But even SAT accepted TP when we got hub's new RFC no. last year, as did INE when we had to renew our cards last summer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Cartero said:

Thanks to all, great help.  Ibarra I just don’t want to have Telmex.  Telmex service, or lack thereof, for me is unacceptable!   Really great help, appreciated.

Monthly bank statements (Emailed PDFs) have worked for me and others I know.