Chapala.com Webboard

Can I obtain a new RFC number online?

Or do I need to go to Ocotlan to the SAT office? (I found Lou's directions if so) This sites won't search for 3 letters so I have been using 'RFCs' but can't tell if I am getting the most current information. TIA

When I have the RFC number for my auto insurance, do I also need a Constancia and if so, why?

You'll need a constancia to receive a factura for any reimbursement or receipt, such as for medical expenses, reimbursement from insurance companies, to open or update banking information, to open a line of credit, for a utility. In addition to CFE, Telmex wanted a copy, as did BBVA, Multiva, auto and medical insurance providers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

When I have the RFC number for my auto insurance, do I also need a Constancia

I didn't request a Constancia (generally, a controlled document proving your tax situation) when I got an RFC number in Ocotlán, they just gave it to me. If you think about it, why wouldn't they? The idea is to eventually require individuals and legal entities to formally identify themselves for tax purposes when making certain transactions.

There's also an RFC web app (and a phone app, but it's just the web app) with an elaborate setup routine including taking a video of yourself saying a random Spanish sentence. I haven't done it yet, but one imagines eventually showing a QR code as tax identification for some things.

The SAT Module in Ocotlán is unchanged as of 3-4 weeks ago. Under 60 requires an appointment. 60+ supposedly can walk-in, but I don't know if that's documented policy.

LQ

10 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I checked and don't have an RFC number.

Bite the bullet, make the appt. ( will not be real quick so brace yourself), and be POSITIVE you have everything lined up exactly as indicated.  When we went last year to get hub's, I took a (color) copy of or TotalPlay bill as proof of address..... which I opted too use instead of original downloaded one becasue there was a staple in it (Oxxo receipt)  I'd removed and the copy was "prettier".  She spotted the marks the staple had left and refused to accept!!!   LUCKY for me, my good Spanish and compliant attitude at every step (plus maybe because we're citizens?')  won me the right to go with a young man to a bank of computers where ( they couldn't' figure out how to get it) I managed.... total MIRACLE..... and after trying with three different compu's, they printed what then became the "original".   If that hadn't happened, we would have had to go home ( this was in Guad), get the  "real" thing,  and return another day.

By the way, because this was 100% new to me, it was the first time ever we used a "facilitator". What she didn't tell us in advance was she was NOT allowed to enter the building with us!!!  WE might have encountered ONE English speaker thru the entire process so (1) what was the point of having her there ($$$), and (2) again, my Spanish saved the day.   No idea how Ocotlan works.

Phone or email  me for more if you like.

10 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I checked and don't have an RFC number. I did find this about getting an RFC online but it looks like it is for Mexican citizens only. https://contigosinfronteras.org/get-your-curp-and-rfc/?lang=en#:~:text=Requirements to apply for the RFC%3A&text=It can be done online,PTSC%2FValidaRFC%2Findex.jsf

I followed the link, but lo and behold...it directs you to a SAT office to complete the RFC after a cursory "preregistration with a CURP."

Estimado contribuyente para efectos de realizar su trámite de inscripción al RFC, lo invitamos a acudir a cualquiera de las oficinas del SAT, cumpliendo los requisitos previstos en las fichas de trámite contenidas en el Anexo 1-A de la Resolución Miscelánea Fiscal vigente.

21 hours ago, Floradude said:

I should have said I got both my RFC and Constancia (one document).  Take your CURP number and ID to the little Papelerila (?) across from the Oxxo/Intercam bank.  She did it on her computer and printed it in a few minutes.

If you don't have a separate document that is solely RFC, you don't have a copy of your RFC document--you only have a document that shows your RFC number. A Constancia sits "on top" of your CURP and RFC and verifies that SAT confirmed the legitimacy of both document numbers assigned to you, so a Constancia shows your CURP, RFC, and registration ID number in the SAT system  to the right of the box and next to your QR code.

Did the papelería have you go through the visual, signature, and oral-reading prompts? Did they give you your own login and password to reprint your Constancia when you will need to? The Constancia (as do many Mexican documents, including birth certificates) have an expiry date of 30 days from the issue date printed on them (see the box under the document title CONSTANCIA DE SITUACION FISCAL). To reprint, you have to be able to log in to your very own account on SAT with your user ID and password, which you select during the preregistration step. (The process for a Constancia is twofold: pre-application and approval by SAT after review, then setup of your SAT account and printing of your Constancia. Sometimes this takes a day or two.) If you don't have the aforementioned information to get into your account and to reprint, you're likely going to have to do the process over when your Constancia expires, as have several people I know who chose this workaround route, rather than fully complete the process through SAT. 

• Like 1

jrod is totally correct. I learned when at SAT getting one for hubs that I actually HAVE one (RFC that is) tho' have zero idea how that happened because I've never done the process.  ( Only guess is HSBC did ??? because I was "titular" on that account before we closed it.)  When she checked in her computer she said "it's here, but it's incomplete"--- as in lacking some data. I asked if, since we were already there, we could go ahead and finish it then.  NO, you have to make a separate  appt. and come back.  She did, however, give me a copy of the "incomplete" but existent RFC. (DO NOT confuse with Constancia .... see following)

When my car insurance came up last year, needed Constancia.  What can I lose?  Went to the little papeleria in San Antonio and sure enough, she could give me one.  Didn't seem to matter the actual RFC was incomplete.  And since the only thing anyone seems to want IS the Constancia, I'll do the rest if/when it becomes an issue.