Chapala.com Webboard

No Mail Delivery

Can anyone tell me where the Ajijic post office is now located? We have always had mail delivery, although it is very slow, but for the last 4-5 months we have not received any mail. I know that we should be receiving mail each month but it has totally stopped. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? 

There is only one Post Office now, been like that for sometime .  It is located in Chapala on Degollado just past DIF.  

Sucursal en Chapala | Chapala Centro

Dirección: Calle Degollado 323, Chapala Centro, 45901 Chapala, Jalisco, México
 Teléfono: +52 800 701 7000

Horarios:
LUNES A VIERNES
08:00 a 17:00
SABADO
10:00 a 14:00

When US tax time comes each year, and I am waiting for documents from the US, I always go to the post office in Chapala and there they are.

So, if you are expecting something it would not hurt to go check.  The man in the post office is the same man who what in our post office in Ajijic for many years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Floradude said:

When US tax time comes each year, and I am waiting for documents from the US, I always go to the post office in Chapala and there they are.

So, if you are expecting something it would not hurt to go check.  The man in the post office is the same man who what in our post office in Ajijic for many years. 

Wow now that is what I call adventurous, relying on the MX mail to be delivered in a timely manner for your tax preparation.

• Haha 1

I remember when I first moved here in 2010 a friend sent a Christmas card to us via the mail. She sent it from Newport RI on Dec 1 and it arrived in our mailbox March 15. So I guess if I have to say anything here, it did arrive. 

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2023 at 8:36 AM, Floradude said:

It also helps to tip when expecting something that hasn't arrived.   Last year, someone unexpectedly sent me a small package to my home address from the us.  About the time it should have arrived I made a trip to the post office.  Nothing there. 

A week later back to the post office - as usual gave clerk the address written on paper - the clerk looked for the package - couldn't find it - so she went to hand me back the address written on paper.  I refused it - and gave her 50 pesos (2.50) with a smile and asked her to keep the address and I would check back later in a week.

a few days later she drove to my house  - i am 2 miles away from post office - and said the package was here - and she could deliver  tomorrow -  

I was amazed - and of course did tip well the following day when the package was delivered to my home.

• Like 1