Chapala.com Webboard

Streaming US channels

I use thunder tv supplied by a local guy. No buffering  all US stations, sports

NBA,MLB,NHL,NFL and more, many movie channels. When my sprockets screws up which is ofte, thunder work.

If you have a fire stick and want movies and TV shows PM me and I'll send a free site which is very good.

• Like 2

OK.  Since Shaw Direct is leaving us high & dry over the course of the next 2 years (due to the mothballing of the Anik F2 satellite), I want to investigate migrating to IPTV in the future.  Very important to me is the recording function of the Shaw DVR so that I can record specific live programs for viewing later.  I hate watching TV on a computer screen so I use Roku players on my TV's for watching Netflix, Prime, etc. now.  Does anyone here have any success with any of the cloud DVR services for recording live TV sports or news channels?  My favorite live TV programs ar things like F1 racing and BBC News.

Do your due diligence. IPTV services are coming under heavier fire around the globe and are being taken down much more often than in the past years. I'm not talking about the threats of prosecution of subscribers but about signing up for a yearly plan and seeing it go bust. I would suggest month to month plans only and have several backups in mind just in case.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, mexijims1 said:

I find the offerings on Firestick do a poor job of offering live TV except for the news.  Lots of old junk on other TV networks added like Tubi, Plex, Pluto, etc.

I am very disappointed in the Firestick offerings.  

I have Bee and another app  recent movies and the newest series. I have not watched network in over 25 years. So movies and just series is enough for me. When I travel I put the FS in a sandwich zip lock bag works anywhere there is internet. 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:43 AM, Mostlylost said:

Be very careful with this one  Their website is not secure  and is a discount website provider tinyurl     A good chance your information could be stolen and your money lost 

It’s on my TV. No way to steal anything. Good service. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:59 PM, Ezzie said:

OK.  Since Shaw Direct is leaving us high & dry over the course of the next 2 years (due to the mothballing of the Anik F2 satellite), I want to investigate migrating to IPTV in the future.  Very important to me is the recording function of the Shaw DVR so that I can record specific live programs for viewing later.  I hate watching TV on a computer screen so I use Roku players on my TV's for watching Netflix, Prime, etc. now.  Does anyone here have any success with any of the cloud DVR services for recording live TV sports or news channels?  My favorite live TV programs ar things like F1 racing and BBC News.

We have IPTV (your can subscribe on your own, if you want to cut out a provider) and love it, except that under most circumstances we cannot record. However, since we have all the broadcast channels on it, we can go to another affiliate and watch the programming at that time. Series show under the "Series" icon and new episodes post sometime after air time (seems to depend on the show, sometimes a week later, if you want to catch up or binge. We also pay separately for Netflix and Prime, so we don't miss anything we want to watch.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:52 PM, nutz said:

I use thunder tv supplied by a local guy. No buffering  all US stations, sports

NBA,MLB,NHL,NFL and more, many movie channels. When my sprockets screws up which is ofte, thunder work.

Who is the local provider for thunder tv? And what's a sprocket in this context?

Contact Miguel @ 333351 2720.   What's app.

Sprockets is an IPTV supplied locally. I find it very susceptible to fluctuating telmex. It freezes continually and at other times never flinched. Inconsistent to say the least. 

Wondering as well which iptv jrod is talking about.

• Thanks 1