Chapala.com Webboard

Use Facebook with Telcel

18 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

True. I use wifi through TelMex but using wifi telcel does not charge me. 

Just FYI.... smartphones are just that, smart. They know/separate functions. When you are using Telmex wifi, Telcel is 'not informed' and doesn't know anything about it. So they could not 'charge you' since they don't even know you are using 'another part of your smartphone's capabilities'. They aren't connected in any way. 

Just trying to be helpful, but....  you have said that you 'don't know what instant messaging is', but then said that you 'don't want to use data when I instant message'.  You have also used the term 'chat'. What are you actually trying to either use or stay away from?

Facebook allows you to 'private message' someone. If one is using a desktop to do this it can be done with Facebook Chat. If done on a mobile device it is done with Facebook Messenger.

What are you actually asking about... in specific terms?    

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

Will Facebook messenger use data when I have data off and only using wifi.

No. That's just a cautionary message. Facebook doesn't have the slightest idea what you are using to access them but just want you to know that if you are using a cellphone you may incur charges because they must use data to communicate the message.