Chapala.com Webboard

Driving Evaluation

3 hours ago, Floradude said:

Jalisco Plans Driving Evaluation Requirement For Seniors Over 75

Might I suggest they also evaluate the adherence to the driving laws here at Lakeside.  Motorcycles.   Red Lights. No Left Turns, etc.

This is not the place to suggest that. No one here has any authority over that. 

3 hours ago, Floradude said:

Jalisco Plans Driving Evaluation Requirement For Seniors Over 75Might I suggest they also evaluate the adherence to the driving laws here at Lakeside.  Motorcycles.   Red Lights. No Left Turns, etc.

Would be nice, but in reality you're talking apples and pomegranates here. And this is the entire STATE that's doing the planning.  Mine comes up next year so hope I pass!

Maybe the way YOU read it amiga.  I see it as pretty well a done deal, especially since state legislature is not involved........ and do think it's a good idea.  I know more than one ( including under 75) I refuse to ride with if they're driving 😬

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Maybe the way YOU read it amiga.  I see it as pretty well a done deal, especially since state legislature is not involved........ and do think it's a good idea.  I know more than one ( including under 75) I refuse to ride with if they're driving 😬

Renew your licence for 4 years BEFORE any changes are implemented.  You don't have to wait until close to expiration date to renew. That way you don't have to worry about any new tests for 4 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Oh sure - of course - stay driving for as long as you can whether you're competent or not? I would hope someone would advise me, if I were driving and a danger to others (and myself) - I would really like to know. If we can pass the test, great. If not, time to stop driving a killing machine - we have a wonderful bike lane and electric bikes are easy to find - plus: we have trains and planes and taxis 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sunshineydays said:

Fc

They might get a little suspicious when half of lakeside show up in mass to renew early. 🤭

Give me a break. Like that's going to happen.  They don't care what your motives are for renewing. Their job is simply to take your money, and then reply : Quien es el/la siguiente?  And, if they were suspicious, what can they do about it?  Tell you your motives for renewal are in question?  Nope, not going to happen.

• Haha 2

OK, back to the actual article ......whoever said in the parentheses that (taking the driving test "is a fairly simple procedure") is either lying or on the receiving end of the mordidas for all those you had to pay to pass because parking behind two small invisable cones is NOT " a fairly simple procedure".  I could not pass that at 59 and have never had an incident in 12 yrs of driving down here and elsewhere !