Chapala.com Webboard

RAIN

10 hours ago, DuckieHoomever said:

My friend in the Raquet Club just told me that the deluge has started to flood part of her house. (Only 1/4 inch in 2 rooms so far) Any other reports? (Likely not yet, if people are too frantically trying to stem the flow.)

I wish your friend luck when the actual rainy season starts. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Still raining lightly at my house this AM in Upper Ajijic.  It was a major storm...just like during the rainy season.   The worst part was not having electricity with the 100% humidity.  Talk about sweating....

This is why I have two Geek Air Rechargeable Fans. Worth every penny and especially so if you have pets. At this time of the year, they are always plugged into the wall outlets and turned on BUT, if the power goes out, the battery will continue to work on medium for about 8 hours. 

Geek Air Fan, Battery Operated Floor Fan, Rechargeable High Speed Portable Fan with Metal Sheet, Integrated Durable Battery for All Day, for Camping, Travel, Hurricanes, 12 Inch : Amazon.com.mx: Home & Kitchen

Larger 16 inch fan available on Amazon U.S. and they all ship to Mexico

Amazon.com : geek aire rechargeable fan 16 inch

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I bought them in 2018 when CFE was doing all the work in Riberas del Pilar. Why they did the work starting in May is anyone's guess but there were rolling blackouts for two months during the hottest time of the year. Those two fans saved my furry girls and me. One for them  and one for me.

Not all that heavy at my house in SE Ajijic but welcome nevertheless.  Amazing electrical storm!

This is NOT the start of the rainy season.  It is the result of some sort of strange wind pattern pulling moisture up from the south and driving it all the way into the SW of the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

...This is NOT the start of the rainy season.  It is the result of some sort of strange wind pattern pulling moisture up from the south and driving it all the way into the SW of the U.S.

Yes, I saw this post yesterday and shared it. Turned out to be absolutely correct. I wonder how long this weather pattern will persist...

https://www.facebook.com/METEOROMEX/posts/pfbid0YEWhxPYcYwrtRPBfWukrHSUaxjvU6wtQgjd4bktRroafxYUJ7YLToBk8rV4G3Xtjl

21 hours ago, Ferret said:

This is why I have two Geek Air Rechargeable Fans. Worth every penny and especially so if you have pets. At this time of the year, they are always plugged into the wall outlets and turned on BUT, if the power goes out, the battery will continue to work on medium for about 8 hours. 

Geek Air Fan, Battery Operated Floor Fan, Rechargeable High Speed Portable Fan with Metal Sheet, Integrated Durable Battery for All Day, for Camping, Travel, Hurricanes, 12 Inch : Amazon.com.mx: Home & Kitchen

Larger 16 inch fan available on Amazon U.S. and they all ship to Mexico

Amazon.com : geek aire rechargeable fan 16 inch

If you're interested, go to the US Amazon site first. Even with the import fees, it's still about 700 pesos cheaper.

Back to May before the rains.  Should be heating up today, more tomorrow.  Strong SW winds aloft remain, while this cuts down on the pollution the rains can't begin until these abate and the easterlies gain traction.  I am expecting a late start to the rainy season this year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Back to May before the rains.  Should be heating up today, more tomorrow.  Strong SW winds aloft remain, while this cuts down on the pollution the rains can't begin until these abate and the easterlies gain traction.  I am expecting a late start to the rainy season this year.

MX Daily had an article a while ago predicting late start to rainy season this year also.