Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS

Highly unlikely they would even accept you, given your age.  Plus IMSS doesn't "work" like that..... catastrophic events only.....   After 19 years in the system we abandoned it and that was 4 or 5 years ago and now self-insure.

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

I have had it for 25 years, .....

...... and when YOU got it Ken, they were a lot more lenient. Accepted even two slight per-exisintgs when we applied and were accepted in 1999.  But times have changed for newer applicants.  I know many who were turned down while still in 60's and that was at least 10 years ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chartiec said:

As a healthy self-insured permanent resident in my 70s, I wonder if IMSS would be a worthwhile investment as catatrophic insurance. Thoughts from people in the IMSS system would be appreciated.

At the age of 70 you are too old to join IMSS.  There is very limited availability of health insurance for a new policy at your age. Any policy you find will cover very little and be very expensive

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

At the age of 70 you are too old to join IMSS.  There is very limited availability of health insurance for a new policy at your age. Any policy you find will cover very little and be very expensive

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/houston/index.php/comunidadesatencion/214-afiliaimss#:~:text=No hay límite de edad.

Google Translation:

"Is there an age limit to start registration? Can a person over 60 still employed register? Up to what age can a worker register? Is there a maximum age for which they can be insured?

There is no age limit."

2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/houston/index.php/comunidadesatencion/214-afiliaimss#:~:text=No hay límite de edad.

Google Translation:

"Is there an age limit to start registration? Can a person over 60 still employed register? Up to what age can a worker register? Is there a maximum age for which they can be insured?

There is no age limit."

Read carefully.  The section you quoted from the Houston Consulate is regarding Mexicans living in the United States who are employed there. That is for the full IMSS program including retirement benefits, and family benefits.

If you wish to join privately in Mexico for medical coverage you can not join at 70

• Thanks 1