Chapala.com Webboard

Best Auto Insurance... Your Help Requested

I, too,switched from Bellon to Parker after a nasty experience with Bellon about 7 yrs ago.  Bellon pulled a bait and switch on me after I nationalized my car and I said forget them.   They would not give me any refund on a policy if it is older than 90 days. 

I used Jesus Tejada with AXA the first two years I lived here ( 12 yrs ago) and found him to be rather expensive, and prefer a local agent.

Locally, I would still go with Parker and ask them to give you quotes from HDI and Qualitas for the same coverage.  Have always heard good things about Qualitas service when you need them, but have nothing to go on regarding HDI service (which I currently have) !   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johanson said:

Tom posted that they used Parker Insurance, a good company by the way

Pete they are not the insurance company, but brokers who use a number of insurance companies, but may have one there prefer and recommend. Back NOB you do not call your Broker but the ins company adjuster, which you should do in MX, however when the ins comp is "diffcult" to contact you turn to your broker for help

Thanks for the correction. I should think before I post. Yes Parker helped me choose my property insurance company and I make my payments through them to the insurance company every January. Sitting here in Seattle, hiding from the heat I can't remember the name of the property insurance company I use.

Lakeside, we had policies from several companies over the 12 years. Seguros El Potosi was the one we had when the car was totaled. The actual insurance company is irrelevant. The agent you actually give the money to is most important. 

Yes...note one needs to review how many km's you drive...There's a breakeven point ..but if you don't drive that much the savings are huge...note there are other providers...just google "seguro por Km".  Some of the other providers put a dongle on the car that reports automatically. 

I had one claim so far for a rock on windshield, no problem...you can read the reviews on the backstop insurer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tkessler2 said:

Yes...note one needs to review how many km's you drive...There's a breakeven point ..but if you don't drive that much the savings are huge...note there are other providers...just google "seguro por Km".  Some of the other providers put a dongle on the car that reports automatically. 

I had one claim so far for a rock on windshield, no problem...you can read the reviews on the backstop insurer. 

Blessings upon you Tom, for this information. When they say 10% deductible, is that 10% of the repair cost? For windsheild repair, is that a comprehesive with nominal payment or also 10% deductible?

On 5/22/2023 at 6:29 AM, tkessler2 said:

If you don't drive that much check out Miituo.  Its pay by Km and they reinsure with Atlas which gives fine service.  You take a picture of your odometer every month. My last bill was 12 pesos because I barely drove that month!.  Like 0.58 MXN per Km..

Thank you so much for posting this! Came across this article with more detail... ▷ Auto Insurance Comparator per kilometer - Rastreator.mx® 

Kind of timely for me since I just got a quote on my new to me 2020 vehicle... 13,000 pesos... for a vehicle that sits mostly in the driveway. 

• Like 1