Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Del Pino Vet and Meteorologist

I was in his office about a week or so ago and he told me the rainy season would start early this year. I asked when and he said by the 15th. I kinda laughed and said ok. We got some rain here on the 14th and today. Hadn't rained a drop here in forever. We'll see, but that was a bit spooky.

Rainy season weather is generally from the east.  This little storm came in from the northwest.  Predicting a rain occurring can happen by just checking the weather stations which gave long range forecasts.  Rainy season may start "early" as Delfino suggested but that could mean by one or two days near the middle of June.  We almost always have a rain shower sometime during the dry season but not this time.  That makes everybody especially happy and hopeful that the rains come "early" but don't bet on his "spooky" prediction.
Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, elevator said:

Listen folks. It was just a funny story. I know exactly what happens here in rainy season. I've been through nine of them.

Only nine?  Newbie!  🤣

I suppose it is time to start the "guess the start of the rainy season" thread.

Well that means we need a definition of what the beginning of the rainy season consists of, like we get every year. I always forget what we all define as the beginning of the rainy season. you know, how many days with and without rain to define the date :) 

And Maincoons, you're the man who knows the definition by heart.   :) 

.                                                                                                            :)   :)    :) 

• Like 1

Listen, folks, when when my husband and I got here in 1997 the weather was exactly as the tourist guide books said: May is the hottest month of the year, then sometime  in June  the rains begin. And for years that remained dependable weather guidance.

But we all know in recent years the weather has been all over the place, totally screwed up all around the world. Our personal predictions here now are just for the fun of it--and whoever wins that lottery. I loved last night's (5/19) rain storm. I bet we all did, except for some of our dogs, scared, trembly and miserable as usual.

Lexy