Chapala.com Webboard

Grua/Tow Service

There is really only one:   Gruas y Servicios Aguirre S.s de C.V  376 765 4242   If you speak Spanish I have a drivers number 327-978-0497

Before you pay anyone check your insurance  Usually there is 200 km of free towing available for a situation like yours. They will use this company

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

There is really only one:   Gruas y Servicios Aguirre S.s de C.V  376 765 4242   If you speak Spanish I have a drivers number 327-978-0497

Before you pay anyone check your insurance  Usually there is 200 km of free towing available for a situation like yours. They will use this company

Thank you.

Does the insurance company arrange the tow after they're contacted?

55 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Thank you.

Does the insurance company arrange the tow after they're contacted?

Yes the insurance company will do everything. Call the 800 road service number for your company when you are ready. Tell them you have a flat tire and is is unrepairable so it needs to go to the tire company

No need to get an agent in the middle which will take more time and coordination

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, chapalence said:

I need to have my car towed from Chapala Haciendas to Fuentes Peña Goodyear.

Has anyone used a grua here that they were happy with and would recommend? 

Thanks! 

For reference, we paid them 600 pesos 3 months ago to take car from Brisas de Chapala to Escalera in Riberas.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chapalence said:

I need to have my car towed from Chapala Haciendas to Fuentes Peña Goodyear.

Has anyone used a grua here that they were happy with and would recommend? 

Thanks! 

If you have a flat tire, Goodyear will come to your location and get the tire and fix it.

21 minutes ago, chapalence said:

It is an engine problem and with a flashing check engine light and no power, it must be towed.

Call your insurance company 800 number for road service if your car won't start. All but the most basic policies in Mexico have 200km of free towing if car is broken down. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ezpz said:

What if you need to call a grua because someone is parked in your driveway?  Who pays for that service?  What if the person leaves before the grua gets there, then who pays if they don't have to do anything?  

Who called them?  You did.  Therefore, you pay.  They do have to do something if the person leaves, they have to spend money on gas to get to your location and there time is worth something.  

• Like 2

I needed a tow last month so I called the insurance number and got someone in Mexico City who spoke perfect English.  I was parked off on a side road so it was tough to describe the location to someone not familiar with the area.  Finally he asked if my car was gold colored.  Yes!  He said "Got it!  I can see you.  We'll have a truck there in an hour."  It took less than an hour.  But the "eye in the sky" thing was paranoia inducing.