Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican housing prices up sharply

Mainecoons

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/real-estate/mexicos-housing-prices-up-nearly-12-over-last-year/

Supposedly nearly 12 percent.  I think that is certainly being reflected locally but if the dollar continues to go down I would expect housing sales to slow.  17.60 this morning.

Will it go lower?  That all depends on how soon Mexico starts cutting the cete rate to keep the peso from being too expensive.  Mexico is now the #1 trading partner of the U.S.  Expensive pesos make Mexican exports to the U.S. more expensive.

• Thanks 1

Might be just a reaction to housing prices in the US. I would estimate, based on comparables in my zip code, that the home we bought here in Greenville only 3 years ago is up about 50%.

Just looking at the Chapala MLS site, chapalamls.net , there seems to be little change in prices over the past 3 years, since we sold our house in Ajijic. 

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Just looking at the Chapala MLS site, chapalamls.net , there seems to be little change in prices over the past 3 years, since we sold our house in Ajijic. 

That seems strange to me as at least 4 homes in Brisas de Chapala, in the same price range, sold for around 75000 to 100,000 US more than the homes that sold here a year earlier.   When I looked at the MLS for our fraccionamiento in December 2022, I was amazed to see the elevated prices on the homes from previous listings.  Nothing really selling right now, boom is over IMO, at least for now.

• Thanks 1