Chapala.com Webboard

CAPTCHA

The prior thread ("Spam") is locked -- though mods can still post -- yet it appears that spambot protection measures aren't correctly implemented. The account creation routine in fact now seems a bit broken.

Creation of the following test user failed:

screenshot-chapala.com-2023_05.06-11_15_48.thumb.png.95d5786472d256036ae228ac5f006ea5.png

Not only was I not challenged to solve a CAPTCHA, but the indicated "Security Check" appears unsolvable. Its question toggles between "What is the name of our [ state | lake ]?," but no response, however capitalized,  seems able to pass. I wasn't able to create the test account.

LQ

• Thanks 1

I tried to set up a test account a few minutes ago on a browser that doesn't have cookies for this site using another email. They have added an hCaptcha with pictures that I couldn't pass and "Chapala" was not the name of our lake???? We'll see if it stops the SPAM. Hopefully it won't stop new users as well.

34 minutes ago, NEWMtnMama said:

on a browser that doesn't have cookies for this site

The incognito window I used doesn't know any cookies either. Could be someone's working on it right now.

LQ

We'll see if more shows up.  They may have used an identity that was created earlier that was either not used or maybe not correctly banned.

Someone sure has put a lot of energy into trying to jam up this relatively lightly used board.  Nuts.