Chapala.com Webboard

Exterminator Recommendation

44 minutes ago, johanson said:

Thanks for the info. I thought the only reason the gechos were in my house was because the cats brought them in. I didn't think about what they eat.

I've got a few generations hanging out now. A newly hatched one stayed on the kitchen window sill for 2 days, eating the tiny ants that come in through the cracks. It was entertaining.

5 hours ago, WendyMX said:

Thanks for the Gecko idea, but I am with a few others who want defense outside  well as inside.  I'll give others a call.  Much appreciated.

It actually began as a joke. On my property, I discontinued all poisons and I've got some interesting creatures now, like mantids and geckos, spiders and other natural insect predators. I would not wish to harm bees and birds, which even organic pesticides can. 

On 5/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, artsnob said:

I have been using Carmen at Fumitec for 30 years, I now have them spray my garden too once a month, no more scorpions and spiders..3333693737

Used her when we first found termites 18 years ago. Cost $1k THEN and it was not well done. She didn't realize I understood Spanish and told my companion that "those foreigners just don't understand..." implying that we were being unreasonable when we kept calling them back because they hadn't done the job well enough (with the equipment ONE man used in the house, I could have done the same thing). When we found Rene, the difference was like night and day. They used the right chemicals, in the right strength, and went deep to get the little mfs. I'm not saying that Carmen isn't good, but she wasn't for us. Pay the difference for Rene;  he's worth it. 

Over the years I have used both Rene and Carmen, both have satisfied my needs. Each service is "similar". That is how best to get the"stuff" to reach the problem, a bit like chemo treatment. One is expensive the other reasonable.One reminds me of Orkin services the other Mexican diy.