Chapala.com Webboard

Taxi Line Ups at GDL Airport

We returned to Ajijic on March 24th.  Took us 40 minutes to get a taxi - the line up was outside and literally went past domestic doors at the other end of the airport.  Have never seen it so long, nor has it ever taken more than 5 minutes to get a taxi in 23 years.

Has anyone flown in lately and what was your experience.  We have a friend coming first time in a couple of weeks.  Deciding on getting a driver to pick him up or let him have the experience of the airport run to Ajijic, which can be interesting  :)

Thanks for your help.

I have found the GDL airport to be one of the better services in MX or NOB. Taxi clean , safe and relatively inexpensive, no haggling for price. I guess the time of arrival is important. There are 2 lines , one for domestic and one for International so you may want to check the line up.

IMO I would get a driver.  Do you want your friends first experience to be trying to get a cab, waiting in line, and on and on?  Here is my recommendation for a driver.  She speaks English and Spanish.  

Cristina Cruz           Cristina-cruz25@hotmail.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

A private driver the same price as an airport taxi..  And faster… mmmmm. ? Please post their name and contact information…I have never waited more than a few minutes,  but then I usually arrive around 8am..

I posted contact info for a driver. Not sure about price. It would be faster as no wait to pay or in a line.  

• Thanks 1

The elephant in the room is the airline arriving on time. Given the chaotic air travel conditions, I think ordering a car to meet a flight is more problematic than getting a airport cab...  Then some times getting through immigration and customs is a hassle. What ever makes you feel happy. We are fortunate we have choices 

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

I posted contact info for a driver. Not sure about price. It would be faster as no wait to pay or in a line.  

Maybe you should trying going to the airport sometime, with the construction work going at the parking garage  it’s a zoo there, difficult to find a parking spot.,  stopping to pick some up  is a hassle..  

Much easier cheaper and faster to get an airport taxi.

The larger issue is that post-Pandemic travel is back in a big way and some of the services at airports are lagging in getting up to speed. I have never seen as big a crowd in Houston Immigration and Customs.