Chapala.com Webboard

My dog needs a home

Moving back to states and my dog, Sophie needs a home. She is a Chihuahua mix, 9 years old. We have had her since she was 3 months old, adopted from Lucky Dog. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Reach me at 332.253.2243

Nine years a member of your family?  Maybe you could do better by her?  

There is a great surplus here of dogs needing homes.  At minimum, maybe you could take her back up north where adoption is far more likely and find her a home there.

At least post a picture here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

It would help if you posted your time frame and where the dog would need to get to.  I have a buddy that runs pets to the U.S. at reasonable cost..  We will be going up there before long and maybe could take her.  The more you can tell us the more likely someone can help.  You should also post on the other board.  There is a FB page just for this purpose.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1216477298467708

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

How big is she, can she go in the cabin?

That was my thought. She sounds small enough that she could go in a travel carrier. Also...what about the folks that bring dogs up to the US (the big red bus?)? I realize that's not necessarily their thing but maybe they could help for a fee or know of someone? Or like Mainecoons, maybe someone heading up by car could help? Could someone foster her for you until arrangements could be made? I'm sorry, but I would sell my blood to make sure my dogs came with me. I'm honestly not judging you, but please consider all options.

• Thanks 2

I'm sorry but you get zero sympathy from me. Your dog that you have had from a baby and is now a senior will not do well with being re homed.. find a way to take your responsibility seriously. Would you give away your child because it was difficult to arrange transportation? Come on......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Guiness said:

I'm sorry but you get zero sympathy from me. Your dog that you have had from a baby and is now a senior will not do well with being re homed.. find a way to take your responsibility seriously. Would you give away your child because it was difficult to arrange transportation? Come on......

It sounds as though they have been trying to find some other solution. Shipping an animal - especially in summer - has gotten much more difficult in the last few years.

I have been a volunteer for shelters and breed rescue for more than 30 years. I have seen older animals placed in new homes who adapted beautifully. It is not a perfect solution by any means but it can work. I hope you can find a satisfactory solution for you and your dog. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

saw this post today "Do you want to get your dog to or from the US? Puerto Vallarta Pet Transporter is here to help! We provide ground transportation to the US for dogs and cats. Our trips are safe, fun, and we treat your pet as our own. We currently have a sale on northbound trips to fill our last remaining summer spots. Don’t delay!"May be an image of dog and text that says 'US Mexico Pet Ground Transportation Sale On Northbound Trips! Puerto Vallarta Guadalajara Lake Chapala Ajijic San Miguel DA Mexico City Pets, People, And Stuff 'Door to Door' PuertoVallartaPetTransporter.com'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1