Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Enrique Bautista

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Enrique Bautista

  1. Yes, in November 2009 and older pay 50% of Import Duty, and 2010 and 2011 pay 10% of import duty.
  2. There is an exception for classic cars, 30 years or older, the country of manufacture does not matter, and the value is somehow negotiable with customs authorities, you have to proof that you are declaring a fair market value. The only inland ports allowed to import used vehicles are; Ciudad Juárez,.Ciudad Reynosa, Matamoros, Mexicali, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo., Piedras Negras and Tijuana..The only sea port is Veracruz. For scams and rip offs, you can go to the SAT, Servicio de Administracion Tributaria to file a complaint. If you have and illegal vehicle in Mexico, you need to get a "Permiso de Retorno Seguro" at the SAT so you can take your vehicle to the U.S. Mexico border and have it nationalized or to sell it in the U.S.
  3. Hello, my name is Enrique Bautista, I am Mexican Customs Broker Substitute for my brother Jose Bautista, license (Patente Aduanal), 3864.. At the present time the vehicles that can be nationalized are the ones manufactured in the USA, Canada or Mexico and that are 2009 and 2010 paying a 10% import duty and the 2008 and older paying a 50% import duty, in addition on both cases they also have to pay a 16% Value Added Tax (IVA) based on the value that Mexican Customs put on them (SAT). The only person that can nationalized a vehicle is a Licensed Mexican Customs Broker accredited by the Mexican Treasury (Secretaria de Hacienda y Credito Publico), also you have to take your vehicle to the U.S.border so it can be exported before the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, for Canadian Vehicles they have to be exported before the Canada Border Services Agency. For the U.S. titled vehicles we handle the U.S. and Mexican Customs formalities and for the Canadian registered vehicles I can tell you what forms to use to export the vehicle before you leave Canada. If the vehicle is not exported before the Canadian or U.S. Customs authorities, Mexican Customs will not let you nationalize the vehicle. Besides the Customs clearance we also do the Emissions Inspection and process the permit to drive without Mexican license plates from the border to your final destination in Mexico, we also arrange for the return of the vehicle from Mexico back to the U.S. border. This coming November the year for the 10% import duty will change to 2010 and 2011. You can check for the credentials of a Mexican Customs Broker at caaarem.mx , We are located in Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas Mexico, one of our websites is www.pexim.com , the one for the used vehicles is www.superimportaciones.com , The import process takes two days, but you have to send pictures or scanned documents at least 4 days before you come to the border because U.S. Customs and Border Protection requires 72 hours to check your vehicle before it can clear U.S. Customs. For questions you can e-mail me at enrique@pexim.com or call me at my cell. (956) 645-8073, enjoy Mexico and have a beautiful day. Enrique Bautista, MBA, AAS.
  4. Hello all, My name is Enrique Bautista, I am a registered Mexican Customs Broker Substitute before the Mexican Treasury, SHCP, you can check my background at the Mexican Confederation of Mexico Customs Broker Associations, www.caaarem.mx . At the present moment you can nationalized a 2010 and older models as long as it is made in the U.S., Canada or Mexico. In November it changes to 2011 and older. The 2009 and 2010 pay a 10% import duty, 2008 and older pay a 50% import duty and in both cases you also have to pay in addition a 16% Value Added Tax (IVA). Our website is www.pexim.com . Mexican customs already placed a value to each used vehicle, they do not look for an invoice or fair market value of the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me or call me concerning any Mexican Customs Matter. Respectfully, Enrique Bautista
  • Create New...