Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by luvsdawgs

  1. Yes, it is at the old Vicki's Hideaway.
  2. new restaurant in w ajijic. I have not been able to find a website telepone # or FB page for it. Does anyone have any info, TIA. IA
  3. Asking for a friend, her mother died and left her the car. Now she is moving back north and needs to sell the car which is still in her mother's name. Does the registration have to be changed to her name or can she sell it with her mother's name on it. If not, what does she need to do to put the car in her name?
  4. I believe the lines have already been strung, at least in this area. It is just a matter of connecting each house. I am just wondering when they will be finished in Ajijic.
  5. It is about Serenata on the west side of Ajijic, read what is being written. "Seeking alternate place on west side, especially with Fiestas P in full swing in SAT (no parking access to Mario's 馃槩)."
  6. I understand Telmex has been connecting the Fiber optics to the homes in Ajijic and also Chapala Haciendas. Does anyone have any knowledge as to where they will be next? Thanks. Oh, I forgot, and also installing new modems.
  7. Actually, this was reported by someone who was at SAT to get RFC with her husband and she was the last one they did that with, her husband did not have to have picture taken, etc as the notice had just come down that foreigners no longer needed it. Of course, if one has a business that would be a different situation. I don't care, I have my documents and did not need a picture, signature, etc.
  8. It was reported by someone who was at SAT in Guadalajara that pictures, signatures, fingerprints, etc are no longer required from foreigners. The reason for these is many Mexicans have the same exact names so that was all needed to ID one from another. What I got from the papeleria is an official document with all that is needed, the RFC, QR code, etc. If you wish to make your life more stressful, go to Guadalajara. Less talk more action is needed by those who have their RFC already. Only those without an official RFC need to go to SAT.
  9. Correct, if it is not .gob.mx it is not official. I got my ID with the Constancia, it is in the upper left hand corner of the document along with QR. I skipped step 2, was told it is not necessary.The reason for pics and retina scans, etc. is many Mexicans have the same exact name. It has nothing to do with expats.
  10. No need to try as I do not see any reason to go there anymore as I have the documents I need. I am not a business and not employed by anyone.
  11. She apparently did not as she is not doing her own CSF. If one were required she would request it. All she asked of me was my rfc and an id, another person gave the rfc and curp. You are making too big a deal of this. Just go and get it, and then you are done.
  12. All she is doing is going on the official government site and inputting your rfc and a few other things and printing out the document. She is only printing out your CSF, that is all. The same as if she prints out anything else on the web, such as a copy of your curp or driver's license or anything else which needs printing. No big deal, as I said, you can do it yourself, which I would have done if my printer was working.
  13. This is the government site, if you are getting rfc, etc from anywhere else, they are not valid. You can do this at home for free, not a problem. As long as you have the RFC and then the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal you are good to go.
  14. Yes, it is an official paper titled Constancia Situation Fiscal which the Mexicans are also getting printed by her.
  15. Absolutely valid. She is printing out, what you can actually print out yourself, the Costancia from the government website. She inputs your rfc which is verified to be valid and then goes on to enter any other info required. She is charging for a print out of your Constancia and not any lawyer fees.
  16. I would go to Intercam and speak with Marta, she is knowledgeable and helpful. I am sure she can answer all your questions. I need to pay my rent at Bancomer and it can be a PIA as it is right by the plaza. I won't deal with HSBC and just closed out my account with Multiva. It can be a problem alright.
  17. Check with the consulate as to "safe" areas and those which they recommend to avoid. There is much violence in Michoacan at the moment and the consulate advised staying 15 miles from that border. As to the Yucatan, nice but subject to hurricanes as both coasts are. Merida and Quer茅taro are cities which you have stated are not something you care for. There is much research for you yet. I agree with many that Chapala might be just the place for you to start and get your feet wet here. There is a large park there where the kids can run and play and not so many of us old foreigners. BTW, Mexicans love children.
  18. Call the bomberos to report a fire.
  19. It is on the corner of Ramon Corona and Privada Ramon Corona in SAT. A friend went in the morning yesterday and got both hers and her friends within half an hour. The website was not as busy then as it was when I went later in the morning. The woman there is very pleasant and helpful.
  20. OK, the form she got was all filled out, she had gone to the gov't website and input my RFC and then gave whatever info required. It took some time to finish, I assume due to high traffic on the site. It took a few hours actually. She called me when it was finished and I picked up the completed form. I still do not have an RFC card as it was done so many years ago but the QR code is on the form.
  21. ???? What is it on and what kind of paper does it need to be on? I went to the local papeleria today and she got the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal and printed it for me. $100.00 MXN. There is a sign there listing that, so the Mexican community is going in there to get it also. She told me I do not need the Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal. If someone asks me for one I can get it then, I have the most important one I guess.
  22. So, both incoming and outgoing calls work? I would like to use it for my bank, to call 800 #s.
  23. One is a tax ID: It is a document that the Mexican government provides to each person who is a taxpayer. It is also known as CIF by its acronym (Fiscal Identification Card). Thus, the CIF is issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit. the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal is: The proof of the tax situation is a document that appears as a tax identification of a natural or legal person. In this document, you can find the tax address, the full name of the taxpayer, their CURP and their tax regimen.
  24. It can be done online, not easily unless one is computer savvy.
  • Create New...