Find us on Facebook
Community Achievement Awards
Submitted by Tod Jonson
As in previous years, residents of our Lakeside community will have an opportunity to submit their choices in the following categories:
1. WOMAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
2. MAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
3. PROJECT OF THE YEAR: Outstanding completed community project.
4. COUPLE OF THE YEAR: Two people who worked together.
5. PIONEER OF THE YEAR: A past or present person. It can be anyone who has pioneered an idea into a reality that truly benefits our community.
6. HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR: Greatest act of charity: person, not shelters.
7. ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Best of the year: Sports always stands out.
8. STUDENT OF THE YEAR: Highest scholastic achievement. Honor Roll.
9. TEACHER OF THE YEAR: recognized for advancements in education.
10. ARTIST OF THE YEAR: Biggest contribution to the arts. Artist--Visual arts or another art form, such as writing or performing? This is a new category, and will only apply if we have five nominations. It can be any artist (that could be writer, painter, muralist, architect, performer, etc.)
11. PRESERVATION AWARD: Person or organization
12. MAYOR’S AWARD: someone the Mayor feels helped.
13. STATE OF JALISCO AWARD: Governor’s Award
14. INTERNATIONAL AWARD: Cultural import for our community’s enjoyment.
Those offering suggestions should include a short bio of their choices. Deadline for nominations is April 9. Selections by the Awards Committee shall be made by mid-April and the awards ceremony will be held on May 3, at 7:30 pm at the Ajijic Auditorium. The public is cordially invited to attend what is always a gala event!
The Gunfight at the El Paso Corral By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez I suppose the one question I've been asked as a former
April 2015 Please select one: Online format Only articles (respond to any article here) Magazine style format Articles and
Editor’s Page By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com A Wonderful Writer Once In Our Midst (II) Jim
Mexican Runaway Bride By Janice Valverde A Vignette of Life in Ajijic A shiny white SUV was parked right across the narrow cobble-stone street
What’s Next For The Keystone Pipeline? By Marita Noon After six years of dithering, the Keystone pipeline project has finally cleared both
Wordwise With Pithy Wit By Tom Clarkson This morning, my pal F.T. – who shared the Iraq experience with me during my third trek there – forwarded
LAKESIDE LIVING Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: email@example.com November
Front Row Center By Michael Warren The Pajama Game By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton Music directed
Every Word Important By Herbert W. Piekow Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
LEGERDEMAIN—Italian Style By Jim Rambologna Enzio Grattani was the Editor-in-Chief of a local rivista (or magazine) in Ajiermo, Italy. Locals