Find us on Facebook
Community Achievement Awards
Submitted by Tod Jonson
As in previous years, residents of our Lakeside community will have an opportunity to submit their choices in the following categories:
1. WOMAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
2. MAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
3. PROJECT OF THE YEAR: Outstanding completed community project.
4. COUPLE OF THE YEAR: Two people who worked together.
5. PIONEER OF THE YEAR: A past or present person. It can be anyone who has pioneered an idea into a reality that truly benefits our community.
6. HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR: Greatest act of charity: person, not shelters.
7. ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Best of the year: Sports always stands out.
8. STUDENT OF THE YEAR: Highest scholastic achievement. Honor Roll.
9. TEACHER OF THE YEAR: recognized for advancements in education.
10. ARTIST OF THE YEAR: Biggest contribution to the arts. Artist--Visual arts or another art form, such as writing or performing? This is a new category, and will only apply if we have five nominations. It can be any artist (that could be writer, painter, muralist, architect, performer, etc.)
11. PRESERVATION AWARD: Person or organization
12. MAYOR’S AWARD: someone the Mayor feels helped.
13. STATE OF JALISCO AWARD: Governor’s Award
14. INTERNATIONAL AWARD: Cultural import for our community’s enjoyment.
Those offering suggestions should include a short bio of their choices. Deadline for nominations is April 9. Selections by the Awards Committee shall be made by mid-April and the awards ceremony will be held on May 3, at 7:30 pm at the Ajijic Auditorium. The public is cordially invited to attend what is always a gala event!
July 2014 Please select one: Online format Only articles (respond to any article here) Magazine style format Articles and
Editor’s Page By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez For more editorials, visit:http://thedarksideofthedream.com OSCAR LEVANT—The Irreverent Genius Someone
This House Is A “Home!” By Herbert W. Piekow Recently some friends and I went to visit La Ola in Jocotepec, where I learned how a simple
Anyone Can Train Their Dog By Art Hessartthedogguy@yahoo.com A Chat with Irvin A while back I was sitting in the park enjoying the day and contemplating
Jack London’s People Of The Abyss By Dr. Lorin Swinehart The aged carpenter, well beyond his working years, foraged among the festering garbage
LAKESIDE LIVING Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org November
Front Row Center By Michael Warren The Pajama Game By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton Music directed
Every Word Important By Herbert W. Piekow Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
Our Issues June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February
LAKESIDE LIVING Sandy OlsonPhone: 331-283-8529Email: email@example.com July 2014 June