Find us on Facebook
Community Achievement Awards
Submitted by Tod Jonson
As in previous years, residents of our Lakeside community will have an opportunity to submit their choices in the following categories:
1. WOMAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
2. MAN OF THE YEAR: Outstanding achievement of the year.
3. PROJECT OF THE YEAR: Outstanding completed community project.
4. COUPLE OF THE YEAR: Two people who worked together.
5. PIONEER OF THE YEAR: A past or present person. It can be anyone who has pioneered an idea into a reality that truly benefits our community.
6. HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR: Greatest act of charity: person, not shelters.
7. ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Best of the year: Sports always stands out.
8. STUDENT OF THE YEAR: Highest scholastic achievement. Honor Roll.
9. TEACHER OF THE YEAR: recognized for advancements in education.
10. ARTIST OF THE YEAR: Biggest contribution to the arts. Artist--Visual arts or another art form, such as writing or performing? This is a new category, and will only apply if we have five nominations. It can be any artist (that could be writer, painter, muralist, architect, performer, etc.)
11. PRESERVATION AWARD: Person or organization
12. MAYOR’S AWARD: someone the Mayor feels helped.
13. STATE OF JALISCO AWARD: Governor’s Award
14. INTERNATIONAL AWARD: Cultural import for our community’s enjoyment.
Those offering suggestions should include a short bio of their choices. Deadline for nominations is April 9. Selections by the Awards Committee shall be made by mid-April and the awards ceremony will be held on May 3, at 7:30 pm at the Ajijic Auditorium. The public is cordially invited to attend what is always a gala event!
September 2014 Please select one: Online format Only articles (respond to any article here) Magazine style format Articles
Editor’s Page By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com Robin Williams—The Pagliacci of Comedy Sigmund
Massive Human Rights Tragedy On US Southern Border By Dr. Lorin Swinehart In recent months, there has been an influx across the southern U.S.
Anyone Can Train Their Dog By Art Hess firstname.lastname@example.org Fishing in a Cranberry Bog I read a cute story awhile back about a couple of
The Art Of Silence By Blanca Salazar Take a deep breath. This is very important to live a healthy life, to enjoy the pleasure of listening to
LAKESIDE LIVING Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: email@example.com November
Front Row Center By Michael Warren The Pajama Game By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton Music directed
Every Word Important By Herbert W. Piekow Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
Our Issues June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February
LAKESIDE LIVING Sandy OlsonPhone: 331-283-8529Email: firstname.lastname@example.org September 2014 August