The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles and
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com
Justice Deferred, Yet Not Forgotten
A Woman In Ajijic
By W. L. Mesusan
Once we name something, we no longer see it—John Fowles
The woman’s day began like most, but would
Colors in the City
– The Street Murals
By Teri Saya
Let’s talk about the murals found in and around Guadalajara. If you explore
By Antonio Ramblés
Paris’s Père Lachaise cemetery
Covering more than 100 acres, Père
Wordwise With Pithy Wit
By Tom Clarkson
This morning, my pal F.T. – who shared the Iraq experience with me during my third trek there – forwarded
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: email@example.com
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
By Jim Rambologna
Enzio Grattani was the Editor-in-Chief of a local rivista (or magazine) in Ajiermo, Italy. Locals
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book