The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles and
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit:
(This past July 4th marked the
CHARLIE KLESTADT—Cruz Roja, and Blessings
By Margaret Ann Porter
Charlie and Ann Klestadt celebrated their 542nd month of marriage over dinner
By Jackie Kellum
This question comes up frequently, asked by both “newbies” and non-newbies to lakeside. Is there a SPCA
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
—Prophet of Silence, Simplicity and Solitude
By Dr. Lorin Swinehart
Today, 150 years after his passing, Henry David Thoreau
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
Sandy OlsonPhone: 331-283-8529Email: email@example.com