The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles and
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit:http://thedarksideofthedream.com
OSCAR LEVANT—The Irreverent Genius
This House Is A “Home!”
By Herbert W. Piekow
Recently some friends and I went to visit La Ola in Jocotepec, where I learned how a simple
Anyone Can Train Their Dog
By Art Hessartthedogguy@yahoo.com
A Chat with Irvin
A while back I was sitting in the park enjoying the day and contemplating
Jack London’s People Of The Abyss
By Dr. Lorin Swinehart
The aged carpenter, well beyond his working years, foraged among the festering garbage
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
Sandy OlsonPhone: 331-283-8529Email: email@example.com