The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com
A Wonderful Writer Once In Our Midst
—A Lakeside Literary Treasure
By Shep Lenchek
(Written in 1997, republished by request)
(Part of a series about those who have
By Diana Rowland
Yesterday I had reason to discover a new section of Walmart – a place I had never in my life had reason to explore
By Antonio Ramblés
Diego Rivera was a prominent Mexican painter whose large scale wall frescos
Wordwise With Pithy Wit
By Tom Clarkson
This morning, my pal F.T. – who shared the Iraq experience with me during my third trek there – forwarded
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: email@example.com
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
By Jim Rambologna
Enzio Grattani was the Editor-in-Chief of a local rivista (or magazine) in Ajiermo, Italy. Locals