George Carlin’s Views on How to Stay Young
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the Devil’s workshop.” And the Devil’s family name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them at every opportunity.
The Day After the Day of the Dead
And yet I love,
On autumn eves, when silence reigns above,
To visit some ancestral village keep,
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com
We’re Off to See the Wizard!
HERNÁN CORTÉS—The Conqueror
By Herbert W. Piekow
Hernándo Cortez Pizarro was born into a noble but poor Spanish family in 1485. Like the
Wordwise With Pithy Wit
By Tom Clarkson
This morning, my pal F.T. – who shared the Iraq experience with me during my third trek there – forwarded
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book
By Jim Rambologna
Enzio Grattani was the Editor-in-Chief of a local rivista (or magazine) in Ajiermo, Italy. Locals