1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
Please select one:
Online format Only articles (respond to any article here)
Magazine style format Articles and
By Alejandro Grattan-Dominguez
For more editorials, visit: http://thedarksideofthedream.com
Justice Deferred, Yet Not Forgotten
A Woman In Ajijic
By W. L. Mesusan
Once we name something, we no longer see it—John Fowles
The woman’s day began like most, but would
Colors in the City
– The Street Murals
By Teri Saya
Let’s talk about the murals found in and around Guadalajara. If you explore
By Antonio Ramblés
Paris’s Père Lachaise cemetery
Covering more than 100 acres, Père
Wordwise With Pithy Wit
By Tom Clarkson
This morning, my pal F.T. – who shared the Iraq experience with me during my third trek there – forwarded
Kay Davis Phone: 376 – 108 – 0278 (or 765 – 3676 to leave messages) Email: email@example.com
Front Row Center
By Michael Warren
The Pajama Game
By Richard Adler and Jerry Ross
Directed by Peggy Lord Chilton
By Jim Rambologna
Enzio Grattani was the Editor-in-Chief of a local rivista (or magazine) in Ajiermo, Italy. Locals
Every Word Important
By Herbert W. Piekow
Every word a writer writes has meaning yes, sometimes they never get published or the book